At Rosehill Veterinary Clinic, we are fully committed to ensuring our website is accessible and inclusive for all its users.
Web accessibility focuses on ensuring all users, regardless of their physical and mental capability, are able to access the content and services on a particular website.
Our aim has been to make rosehillvets.co.uk accessible to all who may be interested in finding out more about the services and facilities we can offer. Its design and build has taken into account the following guidelines:
- The W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) - [Link]
- The Disability Discrimination Act (DDA, part three) - [Link]
These guidelines include:
- Allowing users to control text sizes.
- Using an easy to read font type.
- Ensuring suitable foreground and background colour contrast.
- Using clear and simple grammar.
- Providing meaningful text equivalents for pictures.
- Providing simple and consistent site navigation.
- Assigning access keys for key navigational elements.
- Ensuring the target of each link is clearly defined.
- Providing a full sitemap.
- Providing navigational short cuts for users of text only browsers and page readers.
- Using appropriate structural mark-up to maximise browser support.
- Ensuring all content and functionality is available to users without content style sheet (CSS), image and script support.
Our main navigation options have been assigned keyboard access keys for users who do not use pointing devices (such as a mouse). The access keys we have used are based on the UK Government's recommendations:
- 1 - Home
- 2 - Skip to content
- 3 - Site Map
- 4 - Services
- 5 - General Pet Health Care
- 6 - How To Find Us
- 7 - (not in use)
- 8 - Contact Us
- 0 - Accessibility Statement
How to use Access Keys in your Browser
|PC||Mozilla Firefox||Hold down the ALT key and press the number of the access key|
|PC||Internet Explorer 5+||Hold down the ALT key, press the number of the access key, release both keys then press ENTER|
|PC||Internet Explorer 4||Hold down the ALT key and press the number of the access key|
|PC||Netscape 7||Hold down the ALT key and press the number of the access key|
|PC||Netscape 6-||Access keys are not supported|
|PC||Opera||Hold down the Shift key and press Escape, release both keys, then press the number of the accesskey|
|Mac||Mozilla Firefox||Hold down the CTRL key and press the number of the access key|
|Mac||Internet Explorer 5+||Hold down the CTRL key and press the number of the access key|
|Mac||Internet Explorer 4.5||Access keys are not supported|
|Mac||Netscape 6-||Access keys are not supported|
|Mac||Safari||Hold down the CTRL key and press the number of the access key|
|Mac||Omniweb||Hold down the CTRL key and press the number of the access key|
Assistive technology tools such as the 'IBM HomePage Reader' and 'WindowEyes' already make use of the alt+[access key] combinations. As such, users of these tools will not be able to use these access keys.
Rosehill Veterinary Clinic welcomes your feedback and suggestions for improvement to our website.
Please send your comments to email@example.com.